Times are Tough! But We Are Tougher!
In these difficult times we need all the extra help we can get. Here’s how the Lead Area Chamber of Commerce is helping stimulate small business in Lead!*
- Mail in receipts dated 3/16/20-4/30-20 (NOW ACCEPTING RECEIPTS DATED THROUGH 5/31/20!!) to the Lead Area Chamber of Commerce, 160 W. Main St. Lead, SD 57754
- Receipts can be from any business** in Lead & Central City limits (including non chamber businesses).
- Exclusions include groceries and gas (we’re assuming you’ll buy these things no matter what).
- We’ll mail you 10% of your receipts total in TOUGH BUCKS (in $5 increments).
- Spend the Tough Bucks at any Chamber Member business (including members outside Lead) before 12/31/20 (some exclusions may apply). Please check the directory on this site for member businesses.
- Businesses that receive TOUGH BUCKS as tender will submit them back to the LACC (before 1/31/21) and we will either credit their member account or give them the equivalent cash value (their choice! LACC membership must be current as of reimbursement).
Example: You go and spend money/eat/pick-up/get a gift certificate for $1000 from ANY business in Lead or Central City (see exclusions). You bring that receipt to us (must be dated 3/18-4/31) and we give you Tough Bucks for 10% of the receipts, in this case we’ll give you $100 in Tough Bucks. You spend these Tough Bucks at ANY LACC member business. Business keeps these coupons and submits them back to us and we give that business $100 cash. Win, win win!
Keep on keeping on, Lead! #LeadTough
Purchases that can help support our small retailers and restaurants:
- Gift Certificates or Gift Cards
- Pay it forward – Buy a gift card or certificate for someone else
- Carry Out or Delivery Meals
- Shop your small retailer’s online stores
- Buy someone in need a meal
*We remind you to do your part to remain socially distant from your community, but also remind you that there are many ways to safely support your town’s business community while maintaining distant.
**Some exclusions may apply. Contact the LACC for a complete list of rules and regulations.